Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Priceline success 11/06-11/10 Paramount $160.00

I just wanted to share my Priceline sucess. I had booked the Belvedere for these dates as a cancelable backup for around $265.00 per night plus taxes. I saw on Hotwire a 3* in the Times Square area for $189 last night and figured it was the Paramount. I knew if I wanted to deal with their tiny rooms I would have to get an excellent deal. I bid $160 for 11/6-11/10 and was rejected. I then bid $160 for 11/6-11/09 knowing I could use their add a night feature or book on Hotwire for $189. My bid of $160 was accepted and I could add the night for $160 also. I am thrilled. I had been bidding on PL for about a month with no luck-up to $270 for a 4* and $220 for a 3*. I didnt really care about a particular hotel as much as I cared about the area. This is an especially really expensive time in NYC-arent they all- and I feel like I got a great deal and hope this can help someone else.



Priceline success 11/06-11/10 Paramount $160.00


I got the Hudson last weekend on two day%26#39;s notice for $145 a night...a lot of people crab about the hotel, but I like it and given that its cheapest rooms rates started at around $300, I thought it was a steal.



Priceline success 11/06-11/10 Paramount $160.00


I got the Hudson last weekend on two day%26#39;s notice for $145 a night...a lot of people crab about the hotel, but I like it and given that its cheapest rooms rates started at around $300, I thought it was a steal.




What a deal for the Hudson. Their rooms are supposed to be really small too. I had read all of the reviews of the Paramount but I really just need a place to sleep and I am not expecting much.. I love Priceline for hotel rooms and rental cars. I would never use them for plane tickets because I don%26#39;t mind paying more for the most direct flights at the times I want. Using Priceline In NYC I have gotten the Hyatt for $160., 70 Park Ave. for $210. and my best deal ever the Westin for $80. All rates were at least half of the cheapest on line rate. I would rather do more shopping and eating in nice restaurants than pay for a hotel.




Exactly...I%26#39;ve used both Priceline and Hotwire and have had excellent luck with both. Of course, times change and prices go up, but I%26#39;ve gotten the Sheraton Tower and The Sheraton Manhattan for $80 and $75 respectively (in 2002 %26amp; 2003) and the Park Central and Murray Hill Suites East for $100 or under. Since I usually have to work on a tight budget, it really helps.





Also used Hotwire for an extended family emergency flight once and wasn%26#39;t disappointed.




I like Priceline for New York because there don%26#39;t seem to be any real dogs if you bid for a 4 * in the Midtown West area. We%26#39;ll be at the NY Hilton, not my first choice, but a steal at $90/night, cheaper than a private room at the hostel! Priceline was a boon for us on this super budget trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment