Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas on Long Island or in NYC?

Our 27 year old son works at SUNY Stony Brook. We live in Seattle, WA. Instead of flying him home for Christmas, we were thinking about joining him in NY. Have found great airfare with Jet Blue but we are wondering whether you would advise us to stay in Long Island (hotel rates seem much more affordable) and take the train into NYC to see the sights (Broadway play, Met, etc) or if it is worth it to pay the extra money to stay in the city. If we stay in the city, we will need a suite or two rooms as our 23 year old daughter will be joining us. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.







Christmas on Long Island or in NYC?


Stay in the city to experience what NY has to offer. There are so many hotels to select. Try Marriott Marquis right on Time Square. My friend and I did it 2 yrs ago and had a blast. There are many W hotels which are ok. I also think there ar Courtyards around. I do recommend the Marriott for its location. Rooms were nice.



Christmas on Long Island or in NYC?


I worked at SUNY Stony Brook for 16 years and lived in the area for 20. I LOVE that area of Long Island, but I say for Christmas time, there is nothing like Christmas in Manhattan. I know the lodging is expensive, but if you can afford it, I%26#39;d recommend it. There is something extra special about waking up in Manhattan instead of driving to the LIRR train station and sitting on a crowded train... and the evenings are much more enjoyable when you know your bed is a short cab ride, versus Penn Station and the LIRR again. One of my favorite hotels to stay is the Sheraton Hotel midtown (there are actually 2). Great locations.





Come back to Long Island in the summer and enjoy the awesome beaches and quaint towns (Port Jefferson, Stony Brook) North Fork wineries and of course the Hamptons.


  • skin treatment
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment